Beta 0.8.3 – Mac & Linux support
The game is now crossplatform and should run correctly on Mac and Linux! Let’s hope there won’t be any new bug specific to those systems. As we use Unity, it was pretty quick to setup, though things like making a correct automatic build and upload pipeline took some time.
Ore, seeds and villagers
I really wanted to add more content to the game, but couldn’t find the time. So there are only minors things, see the list below for details!
Getting a steam developer account and then setting up the page of the game was another task I underestimated. Waiting for personal information verifications, filling up the countless forms to complete the steam store, understanding how to push builds to the platform, testing it… It took several weeks of waiting and a few full days of work. I finished just a few hours ago and submitted the Steam page to validation. Once this step done, we’ll be able to announce our early access release!
Version 0.8.3 (beta)
- Better handling of keyboard shortcuts (before, some could be activated when it should not have been possible, like when typing a save name).
- Warning message when ending turn if a villager has unspent action time.
- Better villagers handling. Fixed a lot of UI problems.
- Making a bronze axe now produces a bronze axe instead of a strong stone axe.
- Tornadoes spawn randomly instead of always walking the same path
- Multiple villager graphics problems fixed